Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mock Analysis

-The first thing that you will see is that I go with Eric Berry at 5 to the Chiefs. Some think they’ll go O Line here, but they drafted Branden Albert top 5 two years ago so this pick would likely be for RT. Berry is BPA at that point, and they need help in the defensive backfield.

-I have Dez Bryant dropping far, but I could see him possibly going to the Broncos, Texans, possibly even the Browns.

-You’ll notice that Jimmy Clausen is missing. While this is mainly because I forgot about him until I was done, there is another reason. I’m convinced that whoever picks Clausen will do so via trade, so I think it would be a moot point to try to pinpoint a place where he’ll get picked. If Bulaga and Williams are both off the board by the time the Bills pick, I can see them going for Clausen.

-I, like everyone not named Al Davis, have no idea who the Raiders will actually pick. My thought is Campbell because they’ve picked some skill position players early in the last few years and Campbell has arguably the highest upside of any of the tackles in the draft. He’s big and he’s athletic, but he doesn’t have a lot of experience and has had some character issues.

-If Rolando McClain is off the board at 15, I see the Giants going with Dan Williams from Tennessee. The DT play last season was subpar at best, with little to no pressure coming from the middle.

-The end of the first round will be very interesting, as there are many first round talents that will not be drafted in the first round this year. Just some of the players that could go in the first round include Golden Tate (WR Domers), Devin McCourty (CB Rutgers), Everson Griffin (DE USC), Arrelious Benn (WR Illinois), Brian Price (DT UCLA).

-I suppose I would be remiss if I didn’t talk about Tim Tebow. I think he can go anywhere from late 1st to mid 3rd. I could see the Bills taking him early in the 2nd. Personally, I’m not sure he can make an impact as a QB in the show. His footwork and mechanics a whole lot of work, and he needs to learn how to properly go through progressions in a pro offense. While everyone keeps saying “I wouldn’t bet against Tim Tebow, his intangibles, etc”, I am going to bet against him. If you don’t have enough tangibles, all the intangibles won’t make you a starting QB.

-THE-A-TRAIN-

No comments:

Post a Comment