Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

NIT

The NIT starts tomorrow on ESPN, feature games of the night include: Texas Tech at Seton Hall, William & Mary at UNC and NC State at South Florida. For the entire bracket click here. For the very, very few that have their NIT office pools going, expect to see a Final Four of Cincinnati, Memphis, Virginia Tech and Mississippi State, with Cincinnati edging MSU in the final. Also, look out for UNC to put it together as a sleeper.

The NIT is an underrated tournament for those who like good basketball. The games are typically all competitive and the level of play is far from atrocious. It is also scheduled appropriately on days off from the actual tournament play. So if you're looking for something better than NBA regular season during the week, give the NIT guys a shot. The NCAA wants to dissolve the NIT and go to 96 tournament teams. That is an idea, I suppose, but I kind of like the 2 separate tournaments. I also like the rule change that lets all Regular Season Conference Champions (not in the NCAAs) in the NIT. I wonder what they will do with those teams if they go to 96. I imagine they'll put them in.

I will not be predicting the College Basketball Inviational or whatever it's called. I suppose if BC is invited, I will pick them, because I went there.

-APT

No comments:

Post a Comment