Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

APT's Favorites

Another new thing, trying it out. In the future I will try to stock some up and release a few at a time, but for now:

APT's favorite thing about Bill Simmons:

How many times an emailer will throw an incredibly random general sports thought-experiment type question at him in their email and he has already had the conversation with one of his buddies, simply having to refer to it.


Q: If you were a billionaire and could start a sports franchise in any city, what sport would you choose and where would you locate it?
--Matt, Miami

SG: My buddy House and I spent 20 minutes debating this question during our 15-hour drive, because these are the things you talk about during a 15-hour drive. Here's what we decided:

• Has to be an NBA team. Just so I could hire myself as the GM, and for the comedy.

• Has to be somewhere warm -- not just to lure free agents, but because it's warm.

• Has to have nightlife good enough that it would be a competitive disadvantage for opposing teams.

• Has to be a place that would lend itself to a cool name, cool uniforms and a cool logo.

House votes for the "Hawaii Lava." He likes this idea because it nails every bullet point above, and because it would give him a chance to spend more time with Chad Ford. I had originally voted for the "San Diego Zoo," but House had me so excited about the Lava uniforms that I switched my vote. I won't even tell you his game plan. I'm saving it for when I become a billionaire and get awarded a franchise.
[espn.com]


APT

No comments:

Post a Comment