Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

NBA Finals Game 4

I know I have been coming hard with game by game analysis of the Finals, but sadly my focus was distracted last night. From what I was able to gather this see-saw battle was decided by the tenacity of the Boston Celtics bench. Despite picking up 2 technical fouls, the foursome of Rasheed Wallace, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, Tony Allen and Nate Robinson led the Celtics on a 4th quarter run to put the game out of reach and even things back up at 2-2. I've read how big a risk Doc Rivers took by leaving his bench out there. I feel like it was an easy decision. Granted, Doc should still be commended for sticking to his guns and ignoring the names and numbers on the jerseys, as some would not do the same.

For the sake of consistency, here are 3 things for the Lakers to focus on in Game 5, even though I did not get enough of Game 4 to know exactly what they were donig wrong.

1. Don't forget about the inside game in crunch time.

2. Andrew Bynum should guard Kevin Garnett when the starting 10 are on the floor.

3. Keep eyes open when slashing to the rim. Take advantage of the collapsing defense on a Kobe or Fisher drive. Especially when Jordan Farmar or Shannon Brown are available on the perimeter, look for the kick and the easy 3.

-APT

No comments:

Post a Comment