Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

BIG TIME SPORTS SUNDAY

Hello all:

I was away for the weekend seeing my brother graduate college. But no worry, as I DVR everything that matters. Today is/was a HUGE Sunday of sport, and I'll still be there to follow it all for you. I'm going to give you delayed instant (WHAT?!) analysis of all the major goings on. Instant in that I will report immediately after the games/matches are over, but delayed in that I'm watching them all on DVR. No time for commercials, no time for listening to any body else's analysis first. So, perhaps you don't agree with what I say, but at least it'll be original. Forgive me for not being able to throw stats at you, but I don't want to risk spoiling the other events for myself and I don't make any money, so I can't employ a fact checker. To start, a quick review of the Williams College Graduation.

- The name reader was too slow
- The commencement address giver was horrible. He was inefficient, to self-involved, gave advice that I actually prefer the students of Williams not live by, and then concluded his speech by contradicting his point with a quote by a much brighter, better known author (Kurt Vonnegut Jr.).
- The second student speaker was spectacular
- Of the four sandwiches at the free lunch, they rank in this order:
1. Egg Salad
2. Chicken Salad
3. Veggie
4. Tuna Salad

And now for sports!

-APT

No comments:

Post a Comment