Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Welcome to "Lightning in a Bottle",

where we'll try to capture what is blowing up in the sports world before it runs out of juice. Formerly known hypothetically as the Keith-Blog, be ready for pinpoint sports opinion and information, predictions, projections, a sprinkling of mediocre grammar (a lot of commas), thoughts, ideas, parenthetical notes, the occasional unfurling of rage, and more. You never know what you might miss if you don't stay tuned (double negatives). Admissions here: My favorite squadrons are the New York Mets and Dallas Cowboys, as well as Boston College Sports, and, to a lesser extent the Colorado Avalanche, (can you guess where I'm from? I can't.). You will find no more in the main posts here than is necessary about these organizations or their contests, and biases will be cast asunder.


What to look for here:

MIB (Message in a Bottle): Spots on anything that is hot in the moment, informatively, and honestly, though opinionated. This will include predictions, like those to come on this week's NFL games.

Bolts: Quick thoughts on something that is really hot but I don't have time to write a full MIB on.

Quick Slants: This is for those of you who dig my teams and many who don't. These articles admittely will not fear a bias or over-inclusion of the teams of my preference (or perhaps those for which I hold distaste). Also, could include retailiations to writers I read elsewhere.

Ravenous Rants: These have the potential to be incredibly bias and off and over the top (but not necessarily. They will usually be contributions from ma boy Tom.

Weekly Throwdown: This will be either a written argument with another sportshead that I know or perhaps I will put retaliations to writers here. Also, potentially could be a video of me cooking against Bobby Flay, but I don't know if he'll agree to that.

More if I can think of it.



What not to look for here.

sports stars involved in celebritalia
steroids
pending jail sentences
the babylonian empire
a message board where you can cuss out other posters
negative opinions on facial hair
vegetables
brett favre retiring
things that are stupid
etc.

we talk about sports, actual sports, dudes and dudettes performing actual athletic activity.


Hopefully you dig it.

~APT~

No comments:

Post a Comment